Our client, R3, Association of Business Recovery Professionals is looking for a pro-active self-starter to join their communications team and become a key part of R3’s Press, Policy and Public Affairs work.
You’ll be part of an award-winning team that works to promote and defend the insolvency and restructuring profession, and regularly delivers campaigns, thought leadership, and big-ticket media coverage. This is the perfect position for someone who is at press officer or Account Executive level and ready for more responsibility who loves working with complex issues and wants to be trained, mentored and developed for the next step in their career.
Main responsibilities include:
1. Supporting the Communications Manager in maintaining R3’s media engagement programme and relationships with press contacts, including supporting the delivery of proactive and creative public relations campaigns
2. Contribute to the preparation of media relations collateral, including (but not limited to) press releases, media comments, research reports, by-lined articles, ‘R3 Thinks’ posts, infographics, or journalist briefings etc.
3. Review primary research and data to identify trends in insolvency and restructuring which can then be used in the development of media and communications materials.
4. Manage, on a day-to-day basis, the implementation of relevant aspects of R3’s social media and online engagement strategy.
5. Support R3’s Executive Committee in their engagement with press and other external stakeholders, working with the Communications Manager to ensure they are fully briefed and prepared for any such engagement
The ideal candidate will have:
Back to Vacancies
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or extensive relevant work experience
• 2-5 years experience in a Public Relations/Press/Media Relations role
• Experience working with journalists
• Impeccable writing skills
• 1st class research skills