Murray McIntosh are proud to be working with The Association for Financial Markets in Europe (AFME) to appoint a full-time Director, Technology & Operations to work with the Managing Director, Global FX Division and the members of their Technology and Operations Committee.
AFME represents a broad array of European and global participants in the wholesale financial markets, advocating for a stable, competitive, sustainable European environment that supports economic growth and benefits society. Its members comprise pan-EU and global banks as well as key regional banks, brokers, law firms, investors and other financial market participants.
The Technology & Operations Committee comprises senior representatives from AFME's Board Member banks, collectively representing the most senior operations and technology leaders within the Capital Markets industry, and you will have the opportunity to work alongside them on strategic initiatives of shared interest. You will have accountability for the management and career development of 3 members of staff.
You will assist in identifying strategic opportunities of interest, responsible for driving cross-industry collaboration around emerging issues and opportunities that face the Capital Markets industry- themes such as Digital Assets, AI, Cloud, Operational Resiliency and Data. This will include the identification and delivery of advocacy positions to European stakeholders including national regulators, the European Commission, Parliament and ESMA.
This position would suit an individual with the following key competencies:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the financial markets and technology, including AI, Cloud, Digital Assets and Operational Resilience
- Experience and knowledge of the European Digital Agenda
- Diplomacy skills and ability to engage with senior levels and diverse audiences
- Track record of project delivery, leveraging and managing diverse resource pools
- Inclusive, persuasive, with the ability to influence
- Drive and leadership with experience of people management skills
- Capability to identify opportunities, initiate and run projects
- Educated to degree level (Bachelor or above)
- Additional European language is desirable
AFME is the European member of the Global Financial Markets Association (GFMA), a global alliance with the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) in the US, and the Asia Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (ASIFMA) in Asia.
Murray McIntosh is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity agency on behalf of its clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age. Murray McIntosh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to Vacancies