The British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association (BVRLA) is one of the UK’s leading automotive trade associations. At the heart of the revolution in the way vehicles are powered, used and managed, our sector is transforming the way society thinks about road transport. BVRLA members own and operate more than five million cars, vans and trucks, and are responsible for nearly 50% of all new vehicles sold each year.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of I.T. Infrastructure for the BVRLA, ensuring that the organisation operates as effectively as possible, helping to continually develop their I.T. and digital offering.
This main purpose of this job is to:
• Be responsible for BVRLA’s IT infrastructure, operations and systems, managing BVRLA’s outsourced support services provider, tracking digital technology to achieve strategic goals, eliminating security risks, maintaining user satisfaction and business continuity.
• Ensure BVRLA achieves and maintains IT infrastructure, data security and corporate governance standard for Cyber Essentials Plus accreditation and ISO/IEC27001.
• Manage a Direct Report: CRM Data Manager
Back to Vacancies
• Up-to-date and wide-ranging IT technical knowledge
• Able to offer pragmatic and risk-based advice
• Up to date knowledge of pertinent regulatory requirements e.g. GDPR
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal,
• Leadership, business and management skills
• Analytical skills to develop and utilise reliable metrics
• Financial skills including budgeting and forecasting
• Experience of managing service providers
• Accreditation in project management technologies e.g. Prince2
Responsibilities & Key tasks:
• Corporate Governance: Run IT project work streams for CE+/ISO/IEC27001 in collaboration with BVRLA’s out-sourced service provider (Complete-IT) and BVRLA’s accreditation consultants, Grant Thornton.
• Regulatory Requirements: manage all compliance aspects of the BVRLA’s IT landscape ensuring that our IT systems comply with regulation and best practice e.g. ensuring that the collection, processing and storage of information complies with GDPR and other pertinent regulation and ensuring that the relevant monitoring and reporting systems are in place to evidence compliance with such regulation.
• Security & Performance: Project plan and implement migration to cloud-based working environment.
• Data & Information Security: Manage the daily operation and implementation of the IT security strategy, run security audits and risk assessments, identify areas for improvement, advise on next generation solutions, develop business continuity solutions when a change programme is introduced or a security breach occurs, devise strategies and solutions to minimise risk of cyber-attacks.
• Service Providers: Oversee relationship with BVRLA’s outsourced support and other IT services providers, helping ensure key service level performance measures are monitored and met, and User satisfaction levels are maintained.
• Website and CRM member engagement platforms: Manage the operational aspects of our website, ensuring the integration with our CRM system, and operational performance, development and budgets.
• Budget: Manage the budget for the development and maintenance of BVRLA’s MS Dynamics CRM system, website and other e-commerce interfaces, systems and digital processes.
• Business Continuity: formulate a comprehensive disaster recovery architecture and operations plan, including telephony, servers, website and other applications.
• Business Performance: identify opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement. Oversee management reporting, ensuring management information is accurate
• Strategic Input: understand the work and ambitions of BVRLA’s digital strategy, providing guidance and support on future B-2-B and B-2C projects.
• Operational Excellence: responsible for implementing best practices in all IT applications, operations and network security.