I am currently recruiting for a high-profile Membership Body organisation in Financial Services, as they begin seeking a Head of Policy.
At this level, the successful candidate can expect to be involved with issues cutting across the organisations offerings; inclusive of Policy formulation, stakeholder engagement and representation, events and communications and membership engagement.
With a growing policy brief, members have become particularly interested in understanding the changing political landscape, ensuring that the successful candidate will have a high level of engagement and input to the formulation of often new and exciting policy positions.
The succesful candidate will be appointed as soon as they are identified, please do not hesitate to get in touch if this looks of interest
The successful postholder will:
• Line management of a Policy and External Affairs team member
• Run the team, organising internal and external meetings
• Lead the Policy and External Affairs team’s communication activity
• Take ownershio of the co-odrination, briefing and organisational support to the organisation’s external stakeholder engagement programme
• Lead on the consultation response process
• Preparation of reports, papers and presentations, including assistance with policy research where appropriate
• Occasional deputisation for the CEO
• Substantial exposure and understanding of the policy making process in a previous role
• Experience of writing policy briefings and reports
• Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
• Some experience or understanding of the financial services policy arena is desired