Murray McIntosh has been retained by a global and market-leading organisation, possessing a considerable market share, to find their first Lead Embedded Engineer. Our client is a complex and highly technical business with a depth of design and manufacturing skills and facilities.
As part of their group, product, digital and innovation strategies they are seeking to build and establish a new Software/Embedded division - this person will be tasked with leading that process and taking ownership of the transformation elements, both cultural and technical.
To provide robust embedded firmware in the most appropriate language and toolsets for new product development and sustaining existing products through the lifecycle.
Deliver technical and engineering leadership in the development of the function and new product development. It is expected that this person will develop new principles, concepts and theories and take ownership of the management of those currently in place. This person will take a consultative role and approach to support Senior Management in strategic planning, research and the advancement of firmware and software. You will lead all new product development programs and provide innovative solutions that aid and influence a product roadmap and long-term business strategy.
- Deliver transformation into a highly effective Agile environment
- Set the technological direction for the embedded/firmware discipline
- Act as an advisor to leadership in technical matters
Skills, knowledge, Responsibilities:
Back to Vacancies
- 8+ years experience
- Strong technical firmware leadership
- Capable of working cross-functionally
- Demonstrate programming language knowledge in C / C++ / C#
- Experience in Agile Project Development
- Management of the complete embedded lifecycle