Murray McIntosh are proud to have partnered with Energy UK to support recruitment within their Policy and Communications directorates.
Energy UK works with its members, government, the regulator and wider stakeholders to champion a sustainable UK energy industry. Their vision for a sustainable energy sector is one in which customers receive excellent services at affordable prices, infrastructure powers the zero-carbon economy, and where the UK industry is both successful today and able to invest for tomorrow.
They are looking for a Policy Executive to join and work within the Investment team. In this role, the successful candidate will support the work on markets, regulatory environment and institutions which can attract sustainable industry investment in the transformation of the electricity system.
The post holder will be responsible for certain power policy areas with a special focus on various non-market barriers to investment, in particular:
- Environmental legislation (incl. the upcoming Environmental Bill) and its impact on the energy sector;
- Planning regime across all of the devolved administrations;
- Tax regime, business rates etc.
The successful candidate will also support the work on continued improvement of the operational environment for the sector (incl. investment long-term jobs, skilled workers and supply chain).
Other activities will also include:
- Input into the annual planning process to set the work programme priorities for the organisation;
- Drafting material such as briefings or stakeholder communications materials, and administrative tasks such as meeting documents, notes and follow-up letters for high-level meetings;
- Speaking at relevant meetings and conferences;
- Developing and maintaining positive working relations with members and relevant stakeholders;
- Supporting the Policy Team on other such tasks as may be reasonably determined from time to time.
Back to Vacancies
- Educate to degree level or equivalent
- Proven knowledge of the UK politics of is essential, with an interest in international climate
- Knowledge of energy, climate, or environmental policy is desirable
- Excellent ability to analyse and communicate complex issues, both in written and verbal formats
- Able to build new relationships with stakeholders and relevant international settings