Murray McIntosh are proud to have partnered with Energy UK to support recruitment within their Policy and Communications directorates.
Energy UK works with its members, government, the regulator and wider stakeholders to champion a sustainable UK energy industry. Their vision for a sustainable energy sector is one in which customers receive excellent services at affordable prices, infrastructure powers the zero-carbon economy, and where the UK industry is both successful today and able to invest for tomorrow.
They are looking for a Policy Manager to support member and stakeholder engagement on European and international energy issues, such as the EU/UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement. The role covers key issues such as future electricity trading arrangements, carbon pricing and North-Sea cooperation for renewables and interconnection, as well as other EU files such as EU Sustainable Finance, EU Financial and Environmental Regulation.
The role will also build knowledge and understanding of global issues and policies that are relevant to members, such as international climate governance, carbon pricing, or investment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the heart of the industry, supporting the UK's net zero by 2050 target.
We are looking for a candidate with policy and public affairs experience, able to build a presence in Brussels, the UK and internationally.
- Proven knowledge of politics of the EU and the UK is essential- there will be a short-term focus on the impact of the EU Exit on the sector so knowledge of this is highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience of working on policy, or in a research or analysis role
- Excellent ability to analyse and communicate complex issues, both in written and verbal formats
- Able to build new relationships with stakeholders across Europe and relevant international settings
- Interest in international climate or energy politics and policy is also desirable
- Degree level or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Murray McIntosh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Energy UK value their employees and actively support diversity and inclusion within the organisation, and the broader sector. Their organisational values are integrity, professionalism and communication. They are proud to have been accredited the Silver Accreditation by the Investors in People Standard.
Back to Vacancies