My client, in financial services, is looking to bring on-board a Press & Content Officer to join their small and busy external affairs team. This role would suit a commercially minded and politically astute communications professional with an eye for a story and a passion for drafting impactful and effective member, stakeholder and consumer-facing communications.
At an exciting time for the team and organisation, this postholder will take on board a broad portfolio of responsibilities and will greatly suit motivated individuals that are keen to become an integral part of a small and close-knit team.
The successful candidate will:
• Write for a range of owned and partner channels drafting news stories, press releases, byline articles, blogs and website content
• Develop and maintain good professional relationships with key communicators across the media and other key organisations including government, regulators and trade associations
• Create and publish high-quality and engaging content for a variety of audiences, including senior stakeholders from industry bodies, partner organisations or local/national media as well as communicating effectively to those who aren’t industry experts
• Work effectively as a key member of a close-knit team and support colleagues across the wider organisation in policy, public affairs, learning & development and events.
• Be comfortable managing a heavy workload and demonstrate an ability to prioritise, meeting deadlines in a fast-paced integrated communications team
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail and exceptional written ability
• An ability to tailor writing for a range of channels and audiences
• Ability to research ideas thoroughly to create and develop evidence-based influential narratives
• Agile and creative thinking with an ability to get to grips with a range of policy issues and industry topics
• Demonstrable experience of developing and producing high quality content
• Experience of having built relationships with political and professional decision-makers
• Able to work under pressure and manage workloads
• Highly organised and self-motivated