Murray McIntosh are proud to have partnered with Energy UK to support recruitment within their Policy and Communications directorates.
Energy UK works with its members, government, the regulator and wider stakeholders to champion a sustainable UK energy industry. Their vision for a sustainable energy sector is one in which customers receive excellent services at affordable prices, infrastructure powers the zero-carbon economy, and where the UK industry is both successful today and able to invest for tomorrow.
They are looking for an enthusiastic, talented press officer and communications all-rounder to work in their press team, delivering high quality media coverage for Energy UK and its membership.
The remit will cover responsibility for writing statements and press releases, responding efficiently and knowledgeably to media enquiries, creating and delivering proactive stories and campaigns, monitoring and responding to the news agenda, communicating our work across all channels, including social media, and supporting the wider work of the communications team and the rest of the organisation as required.
We are looking for:
- A minimum of two years working in a Press Office or similar busy news environment
- Experience of acting as spokesperson for a high profile organisation
- Excellent copywriting skills - ability to position stories and tailor content relative to the target audience
- The ability to understand sometimes complex issues and then communicate these concisely and effectively to range of audiences and channels
- Someone who is media savvy & persuasive - able to "sell in" stories to both national and sector specific press
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Energy UK value their employees and actively support diversity and inclusion within the organisation, and the broader sector. Their organisational values are integrity, professionalism and communication. They are proud to have been accredited the Silver Accreditation by the Investors in People Standard.
Back to Vacancies