My client is a leading global charity who is seeking a Senior Public Affairs Officer to join them on a 3 month basis.
This Senior Public Affairs Officer will be involved in designing and delivering public affairs strategy which will support their upcoming strategy and advocacy priorities in Westminster and other political audiences, as well as helping to raise awareness of urgent issues, and influencing policy and change in the UK.
The Senior Public Affairs Officer will deputise for the Head of Public Affairs and External Relations and the Policy and Public Affairs Manager as necessary, and will work across the Public Affairs team to share best practice, insights and ensure a holistic approach to external influencing.
Main responsibilities include:
- Strategic Delivery
- Public Affairs
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Good technical knowledge of the workings of the UK Parliament and Government
- Experience of managing relationships with parliamentarians
- Knowledge, experience and/or demonstrable interest in public affairs and public policy development (e.g. politics, government affairs and/or parliamentary engagement)
- Experience of providing strategic and tactical political advice
- Ability to work as part of a team and build relationships with other staff members, at all levels
- Ability to translate sometimes complex policy ideas into a persuasive format
- Understanding of politics, parliaments and assemblies across the UK
- Degree level or equivalent by experience in public/social policy, research, politics or similar
- Line management
Please note, this is a 3 month FTC with an ASAP start. If you are unable to start quickly or require sponsorship, I am afraid your application won't be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. Murray McIntosh is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Back to Vacancies