My client is in search of an individual well-versed in electrical engineering fundamentals, finding joy in tasks ranging from ideation to circuit design. They seek someone hands-on, whether it's assembling, testing, or troubleshooting hardware, to join the rapidly emerging fusion space. The ideal candidate will constantly strive to expedite progress. Taking pride in ownership and valuing teamwork, the successful candidate will embrace new challenges as opportunities for continuous learning.
The base salary for the role is in the region of $150k - $180k depending on skills and experience. Our client offers medical, dental and vision insurance. Due to the nature of our clients work, the successful candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
Duties will include:
- Work closely with physicists and engineers to ideate, create, operate, and enhance electronic hardware and software systems for controlling and acquiring data in fusion experiments.
- Engage in continuous iteration and development, encompassing the specification, procurement, design, and construction of hardware and software components. This includes electrical input/output hardware, graphical user interfaces, data plumbing, and on-prem/cloud-based computer networking solutions for fusion experiment control and data acquisition.
- Develop data processing pipelines for fusion experiments, covering collation, synchronization, analysis, archiving, query, and visualization.
- Occasional travel for conferences, supplier visits, meetings, or company offsite events, estimated at 10% of the time.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Hold a B.S. degree or higher in electrical engineering, physics, mathematics, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Possess a solid understanding of electrical fundamentals.
- Demonstrate expertise in analog-to-digital and/or digital-to-analog conversion systems.
- Showcase experience in one or more sensor electronics applications (e.g., transducer).
- Proven track record in troubleshooting and debugging integrated software/hardware electronic systems.
- Exhibit expertise in identifying and minimizing sources of measurement noise.
- Have experience in designing or implementing grounding systems.
Helped us to meet demand & deadlines!
Teo & Murray McIntosh helped us during a very busy period.
At that time we required experienced electricians to assist us with cutting cables, assembling complex multi-core cables, soldering, and panel wiring. Teo helped us to meet demand & deadlines by introducing us to qualified individuals in the area who were able to jump on board with the availability and skillsets we required.
Sahar Mirshafiei - Manager at 2M Automation
First hand response from their clients!
I find Teo is proactive in searching suitable position whenever I approach him. Teo is quick on getting first hand response from their clients straight after an interview. I would highly recommend him as key recruiter for those who looking for change or further progression.
Vishal Gangani - Senior Engineer at Anonymous
Teo is absolutely outstanding in attention to detail and never giving up on the values all recruitment specialists should aspire to be like.
I must say that over the past 40yrs of working at some of this countries biggest and most prestigious projects (and industry) I have in all of those years had many agencies working to get me the right position and if that position didn’t work out they ran for the hills!!
A unique situation to put someone in so trust has to be defining, but now to the agency recruitment specialist Teo De La Cruz, after being let down and leaving a position early even though it was supposed to be long term, Teo kept the pressure on and said he would do his best. 3-4 months later I am now working for that same company in a better position! Teo is absolutely outstanding in attention to detail and never giving up on the values all recruitment specialists should aspire to be like.
Teo is a credit to the profession and I can’t thank him enough for giving me the opportunities he has promised and come through with.
Glenn Swinerd - Technical Manager at JN Bentley
Always at the end of the phone to answer any questions
Teo is a reliable recruitment consultant who will work hard to find you a suitable role. He will also continue to ensure you are integrated within your role with no issues and is always at the end of the phone to answer any questions. I would like to continue working with Teo and Murray McIntosh due to the great client service.
Thuwa Sarvanathan - Process Engineer at Wessex Water
We do a bulk of our business through Teo due to the quality of the candidates and the speed of service!
We currently have 10+ Murray McIntosh resources working across my team. Teo has been the recruiter for all of them. We have found the standard of applicants to be high, clearly the effort dedicated to candidate vetting by Teo prior to submission has saved time at the interview stage with an offer rate of around 2 from 3. Teo is very proactive in offering CVs and managing them through the online portals to get them in front of me for review, he is also quick to act when making offers and securing start dates. He has been supportive on the occasion a candidate wasn’t performing and provided sound guidance on the way forward. Compared to other recruiting partners, we do a bulk of our business through Teo due to the quality of the candidates and the speed of service.
Senior Design Manager - Senior Design Manager at Tier One Provider - Major Design & Capital Delivery