Our client, who is based in the San Lorenzo area of the San Francisco Bay is currently in search of a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join their team. The role involves collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to deliver cutting-edge robotics products . The responsibilities encompass defining, architecting, implementing, and validating electrical designs.
The base salary for the role is in the region of $150k - $190k depending on skills and experience. Our client offers healthcare and 401k. Due to the nature of our clients work, the successful candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
Duties will include:
- Devise electronics architecture for robotics products.
- Spearhead the design of pivotal PCB assembly from inception to production.
- Explore and integrate novel components and technologies.
- Conduct trade-off studies, analyze circuits, and facilitate design reviews.
- Execute schematic capture, meticulously select components, and design circuit board stack-ups.
- Facilitate the integration of intricate computing modules into drones and ground control stations.
- Formulate and implement electrical validation test plans.
- Provide support for EMC, functional safety, and worst-case circuit analysis tasks.
- Contribute to Design for Manufacturing (DFM) initiatives with internal and external collaborators.
- Collaborate with control manufacturers to smoothly transition designs to high-volume production.
- Conduct thorough root cause analysis for failed PCBAs in both production and RMAs.
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 7+ years of experience in electronics development throughout product life cycles.
- Mixed signal design experience.
- Proficient in Altium for PCB tasks, including schematic capture and layout.
- Strong debugging skills using tools like oscilloscopes and analyzers.
- Experience in defining board circuit specifications, designing PCBAs, and reviewing simulations.
- Expertise in designing intricate high-speed PCBs, including impedance matching.
- Familiarity with low EMI design and shielding/mitigation techniques.
Helped us to meet demand & deadlines!
Teo & Murray McIntosh helped us during a very busy period.
At that time we required experienced electricians to assist us with cutting cables, assembling complex multi-core cables, soldering, and panel wiring. Teo helped us to meet demand & deadlines by introducing us to qualified individuals in the area who were able to jump on board with the availability and skillsets we required.
Sahar Mirshafiei - Manager at 2M Automation
First hand response from their clients!
I find Teo is proactive in searching suitable position whenever I approach him. Teo is quick on getting first hand response from their clients straight after an interview. I would highly recommend him as key recruiter for those who looking for change or further progression.
Vishal Gangani - Senior Engineer at Anonymous
Teo is absolutely outstanding in attention to detail and never giving up on the values all recruitment specialists should aspire to be like.
I must say that over the past 40yrs of working at some of this countries biggest and most prestigious projects (and industry) I have in all of those years had many agencies working to get me the right position and if that position didn’t work out they ran for the hills!!
A unique situation to put someone in so trust has to be defining, but now to the agency recruitment specialist Teo De La Cruz, after being let down and leaving a position early even though it was supposed to be long term, Teo kept the pressure on and said he would do his best. 3-4 months later I am now working for that same company in a better position! Teo is absolutely outstanding in attention to detail and never giving up on the values all recruitment specialists should aspire to be like.
Teo is a credit to the profession and I can’t thank him enough for giving me the opportunities he has promised and come through with.
Glenn Swinerd - Technical Manager at JN Bentley
Always at the end of the phone to answer any questions
Teo is a reliable recruitment consultant who will work hard to find you a suitable role. He will also continue to ensure you are integrated within your role with no issues and is always at the end of the phone to answer any questions. I would like to continue working with Teo and Murray McIntosh due to the great client service.
Thuwa Sarvanathan - Process Engineer at Wessex Water
We do a bulk of our business through Teo due to the quality of the candidates and the speed of service!
We currently have 10+ Murray McIntosh resources working across my team. Teo has been the recruiter for all of them. We have found the standard of applicants to be high, clearly the effort dedicated to candidate vetting by Teo prior to submission has saved time at the interview stage with an offer rate of around 2 from 3. Teo is very proactive in offering CVs and managing them through the online portals to get them in front of me for review, he is also quick to act when making offers and securing start dates. He has been supportive on the occasion a candidate wasn’t performing and provided sound guidance on the way forward. Compared to other recruiting partners, we do a bulk of our business through Teo due to the quality of the candidates and the speed of service.
Senior Design Manager - Senior Design Manager at Tier One Provider - Major Design & Capital Delivery