Murray McIntosh are currently recruiting a Policy Advisor on behalf of the British Retail Consortium.
Retail is an exciting, dynamic and diverse industry. It is a driving force in our economy, a hotbed of innovation and the UK's largest private sector employer.
The BRC is the leading industry body for the sector, recognised for its powerful campaigning and influence within government. Working with members to drive positive change, they use their expertise to create an economic and policy environment that enables businesses to thrive and consumers to benefit.
They are currently looking for an experienced Policy Advisor to lead on development and delivery of policy on all areas relating to business finance, with a strong focus on payments and consumer credit.
The BRC's Finance community is made up of senior finance leaders and experts from across the industry. This role is responsible for oversight and management to ensure a clear overarching strategy for the community an ongoing development of effective working relationships to deliver quantifiable positive outcomes.
- Development and delivery of key initiatives across the finance landscape
- Responsibility for the work programmes and action groups through the development of detailed submissions responding to relevant public consultations and related external engagement
- Working closely with Corporate Affairs colleagues to identify opportunities to raise political and public awareness of finance priorities
- Producing briefing papers, policy documents, newsletters and other written communications
- Making presentations to industry and stakeholder conferences and meetings
- Preparing responses with members to Government consultations
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships within the UK government, relevant regulatory authorities, other trade associations and commercial organisations
- An excellent communicator with a strong knowledge and understanding of policy development and influencing in the UK
- Relevant knowledge of emerging legislation relating to consumer/ retail finance or payments
- Credibility to work alongside and build strong relationships with senior management and external stakeholders
- A trusted and pro-active team player, supporting team colleagues in driving a culture of constant improvement
Murray McIntosh is proud to be an equal opportunity agency on behalf of its clients. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Helped us to meet demand & deadlines!
Teo & Murray McIntosh helped us during a very busy period.
At that time we required experienced electricians to assist us with cutting cables, assembling complex multi-core cables, soldering, and panel wiring. Teo helped us to meet demand & deadlines by introducing us to qualified individuals in the area who were able to jump on board with the availability and skillsets we required.
Sahar Mirshafiei - Manager at 2M Automation
First hand response from their clients!
I find Teo is proactive in searching suitable position whenever I approach him. Teo is quick on getting first hand response from their clients straight after an interview. I would highly recommend him as key recruiter for those who looking for change or further progression.
Vishal Gangani - Senior Engineer at Anonymous
Teo is absolutely outstanding in attention to detail and never giving up on the values all recruitment specialists should aspire to be like.
I must say that over the past 40yrs of working at some of this countries biggest and most prestigious projects (and industry) I have in all of those years had many agencies working to get me the right position and if that position didn’t work out they ran for the hills!!
A unique situation to put someone in so trust has to be defining, but now to the agency recruitment specialist Teo De La Cruz, after being let down and leaving a position early even though it was supposed to be long term, Teo kept the pressure on and said he would do his best. 3-4 months later I am now working for that same company in a better position! Teo is absolutely outstanding in attention to detail and never giving up on the values all recruitment specialists should aspire to be like.
Teo is a credit to the profession and I can’t thank him enough for giving me the opportunities he has promised and come through with.
Glenn Swinerd - Technical Manager at JN Bentley
Always at the end of the phone to answer any questions
Teo is a reliable recruitment consultant who will work hard to find you a suitable role. He will also continue to ensure you are integrated within your role with no issues and is always at the end of the phone to answer any questions. I would like to continue working with Teo and Murray McIntosh due to the great client service.
Thuwa Sarvanathan - Process Engineer at Wessex Water
We do a bulk of our business through Teo due to the quality of the candidates and the speed of service!
We currently have 10+ Murray McIntosh resources working across my team. Teo has been the recruiter for all of them. We have found the standard of applicants to be high, clearly the effort dedicated to candidate vetting by Teo prior to submission has saved time at the interview stage with an offer rate of around 2 from 3. Teo is very proactive in offering CVs and managing them through the online portals to get them in front of me for review, he is also quick to act when making offers and securing start dates. He has been supportive on the occasion a candidate wasn’t performing and provided sound guidance on the way forward. Compared to other recruiting partners, we do a bulk of our business through Teo due to the quality of the candidates and the speed of service.
Senior Design Manager - Senior Design Manager at Tier One Provider - Major Design & Capital Delivery